Me. "Baby, I am soo sorry about your sad heart."
"Mommy, don't say sorry a me. Fix it."
Me "Okay. How are we suppose to fix it?" .....thinking to myself, you are not getting that candy.
"You can pray at God. He can fix it.......with duct tape."
As a young mom, I am still a work in progress. God is sooo not done with me yet. I don't always say the right thing, talk in the right tone of voice, or always keep my cool. But, I do apologize when I mess up, I do my best to make ammends with my children, and I do my best to lead them to Christ. This mommy prays with her babies....in times of joy, times of sorrow, when we don't know what to do, when we have too much to do....we are sure to give thanks, we ask for forgiveness, definately ask for healing.....
Even when they don't fully understand what is going on, my children have communication with our Maker.
And they know that God has it all under control, expecially when mommy doesn't.
And that to me, is way more important than always getting it right as a mommy.It is our job as parents to raise our babies up in the Lord--to teach them to pray and to praise. This song makes me chuckle.
No comments:
Post a Comment