Monday, January 23, 2012

Elohim-Monday

Key Scripture: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1


Today's reading is of Genesis 1. Ehohim is the first name use3d to describe God. We are to remember that he is the one who began it all by creating the world in all it's wonders, that He is soveriegn.
In the "Studying the Name" portion of this devo today it explains that Genesis is a word that can mean "birth, hitsory of origin, or geneology". The first question asked is what can you observe about who God is from this passage about beginnings? Just dwelling on his creative nature awes me. I like to think He blessed me with a wonderful imagination and a delightful creative side. There is an end to my creative juices, my newest addiction is the website Pinterest...it is here I find inspiration. Not only is there no end to what He can do or create, He is his own inspiration. We humans were created in His image. That thought brings me great joy! It brings my thoughts to the 3 wonderful sons He has blessed me with. I see my eyes here, my nose there, my smile.....Seeing my self in them tickles me so! I can't even begin to imagine the great joy and pride he might have when He sits back and looks at what He has done....In that moment when He thought "It was very good". The last question asks how does God's assesment of creation shape your own attitude toward the world and toward yourself? I think to say that I am awed is an understatement. I am awed, full of joy, and in a very real sense...speachless. It makes me feel treasured that He would create such beauty for my eyes to enjoy, cool rain to cool my skin, and the aroma that is fall for the pleasure of my nose. I feel compelled to take an extra moment to watch the sun set. I feel truely blessed to be able to share the joys of this world with my children and experience it all anew through their eyes.

Everything about this reading, my thoughts, and feelings makes me think of the David Crowder Band song Everything Glorious. Therefore I shall attach their video.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment