Today we are reflecting on Genesis 1:26-28,
the section in which God created man and then blessed them.
Ann Spangler asks thought provoking questions today. "Have you ever wondered why the world you take for granted is often so stunningly beautiful? Why the people around you are capable of so much kindness?" She gives a few examples of how we take things for granted. It makes me think of the many ways I do this very thing. Living here in the panhandle of Texas brings about many changes of weather, often times with in one day. This past Sunday their were many grumbles of the wind. I was one of them. But that wind brought through some much needed rain, and it stayed but a minute. Had it lasted longer than that, I know there would have been grumbles of the excessive wetness. Ann writes about us missing the beauty in life because we focus on the negativity and the flaws, this includes ourselves. I could be taller, thinner, and a whole list of other things....But I know I am perfect in His sight. I am completely grateful that He made me just the way I am. I am flawed, perfectly so. He made us each individuals and totally different than anybody else. The way He molded men perfectly for being fathers, providers, husbands, and sons......The way He made women perfectly for being mothers, caretakers, wives, and daughters. When I hold my small children, when I watch them grow, I am fully awed at His creative genius that makes something so very tiny that can grow so very large. Knowing that a woman was made to not only carry a seed that will grow into this awesome little being, but also to continue to nourish this little person with food and love that the Heavenly Father instilled in her. He has taken care of our every need by putting everything on this Earth needed for life: oxygen, water, food, sun, breeze, and each other. What a mighty God we serve. He has done marvelous things!!
Tonight, ask God to renew your sense of awe at His creative power.
No comments:
Post a Comment