Tuesday, September 25, 2012

7-Fasting

Day one was great! I made my foods and ate them happily. I was constantly thinking about the great gals who are journeying along side me. I thought about each of them who I knew and the characteristics God have given them that are so different than the ones he gave me. I spent time thinking about all the different things we each have to bring to the table. How He made us to encourage and inspire each other. The way he works is awesome and amazing. I am truly grateful for the people He has placed in my life. I was excited all day for the work that could be done in my life when I am willing to focus on Him all day.
Last night I went to bed with the worst headache of my life. I am totally dependant on caffeine. It is ridiculous, but it is what it is. I woke up to the same headache and was crazy nauseous.
Today, day two, has been rougher in ways I wouldn't have thought. I am blessed to have so much food in my house that my babies shall never have to wonder when they will eat next. I have sorely taken for granted the many time I feed my children everyday and just swipe food from their plate. It is a habit I didn't realize I did without really even thinking what I was doing. This morning I put the tiniest guy in his highchair and put a couple handfuls of Fruit Loops on his tray. I went to pop a few in my mouth. I had to stop myself and think "what am I doing?". I sat in my chair at the table and pulled him closer. As we sat here he got fussy, he really loves us to do the same things...so usually I pop one of his foodies in my mouth and make yummy-yummy noises and he happily goes back to munching. This morning I once again caught myself. As I sat here nauseous (thank you vicious headache) I thought about my planned breakfast of eggs. The thought of cooking eggs and then eating nearly had me running for the restroom. So I sat here, thinking of all the breakfast-y foods I have sitting around. I have apples, yogurt, a grapefruit, the makings of a fruit smoothie, toast, waffle mix, muffin mix, fruit loops, and oatmeal. Crazy enough...that is my pantry nearly bare. On average I have 2 more variety's of cereal, breakfast bars, bagels, pancake mix, bananas, bacon, and sausage. Here I sit, thinking of all this food in my house I can not eat...when there are people who are living daily with much less than what I have in my bare pantry. And that was only the breakfast selections.
We are blessed, in more ways than we can count. Sure, we are grateful on a level....but on another level we are so greedy. I am greedy. I love good food, and lots of it.
I like to think I am aware of those who are less fortunate than me, but I sure do not think of them as often as I should.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Are you fasting with friends locally? I've yet to do a fast. I've been wanting to do a juice fast, though. But yeah, I've heard that the emotions and mood swings are crazy! Not sure I'd have the self discipline to keep my mouth shut! (for eating or saying regrettable things.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind... I read the post before this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and we have a forum on facebook for daily encouragement and support. :)

    ReplyDelete