Thursday, September 27, 2012
7-Foods. Blessed to do more
My milk had decreased and I am not sure how I feel about it. I'm in the process of trying to ween tiny, but he isn't ready to be completely done. It's not a big deal because he likes formula and silk. Yesterday I found myself lacking in the milk department, formula-less, and without a drop of silk. By some miracle I was able to nurse him to sleep for a much needed nap. I thought that by the time he woke up I would have more made. I was super tired and still had that stupid caffeine headache. As I am figuring out what I could do quietly my doorbell rings and the big boys coming running yelling from their room. "Someone is here! Who is here! MOM!!!" "Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am right here and your brother is....eeerrrr was asleep." It was Daniel's grandmother. She randomly drops by about once a week. She comes to play with the boys and I try so hard to get work done in the hour or two that she is there. It quickly becomes apparent to me that my tiny is not going to be okay with being awake, and there is no way he is just going to go back to sleep. Ahhhh, what I would do for a Dr. Pepper. My head is pounding and my baby is screaming. I tell Mam (great-gramma) that I am going to find the baby some formula. I first hit the TootNTotum by my house, I know I have seen some formula in there. And HEY, I am getting me a Dr. Pepper. I mean, seriously, God would not have provided and opportunity for me to get out and get one if it wasn't meant to be right?? Well, my TootNTotum no longer carries formula, what?? Argh!! Hmm. What to do? For starters, I'm not getting ONLY a Dr. Pepper on the credit card. I hop back into my car and jet off down the road to the next closest store, Family Dollar. They sell bottles, I know I have picked up baby food there, surely there is formula. As I am getting out of the car this man is sitting against the building. My first thoughts, 'Please don't ask me for money, Please, Please just don't'. "Mam?", he asks. I am deflated. "Mam, could you please by me some food? Just a TV dinner or two?" Bam! Here I am, been praying for the hungry of other countries, my fasting friends, and myself....with every self made barrier I come to, and this man of my own country is hungry asking for food. So, I tell him I will see what I can find. I get in the store and NO FORMULA! Ugh!! What am I going to do? I have no desire to go all the way to WalMart. I start walking over to the frozen foods for the fella outside. As I am standing there I start pondering. ....if this man is homeless, how is he supposed to cook these? and if he doesn't cook them now, they will thaw and go bad. am I being had? Do I have sucker written on my forehead. But seriously, what are the odds I would be out of my house right now with all the food I need at home and that somebody would ask me for food while I am in this place in life. Well, I will buy him something, but it won't be a frozen meal. I found a couple lunchables and a large box of poptarts. I was debating on some trailmix or something with protein. While walking up and down the isles what did my little eye spy?? A box of silk milk!!! Yes! Jackpot! I grabbed it and decided that what I had was okay for the man. When I walked up to him with my offerings and told him what I had, he smiled so big. I wonder if he thought I was never coming out or perhaps I had the ladies call the cops. He thanked me and said "God bless you." And I thought to myself he has and he does. Because he does I am able to do this. I am so grateful to be blessed in the ways that I am, and I am so joyful at opportunities to serve his people. And it's often hard, but I am happy when I feel I am put in my place. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment