Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Book

Starting a new book study with the chicka-bonitas at church.
First, I must say I have been super blessed with these ladies at church. They have a love for our maker that is contagious and encouraging. If I ever feel lost, I simply look around and there is someone to unknowingly point the way. If ever I feel less in anyway, it is not because anyone makes me feel that way. I believe it is God using them and the example the represent to move my heart closer to him and set my course true. I am forever grateful for the shining beacons of his love that this group of ladies are, the encouragement they share, and the wisdom they pour out.
 Second, I feel this book is going to touch on so many areas in my life in which I have been personally stuggling. I deep down know my maker knows I need a support team in my endeavors, and he worked this book into my life and the lives of those around me. He has worked us into this group on purpose and I just can't wait to see what he has instore for our little group.

7-Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jan Hatmaker is the book. I started reading it one morning before the babies woke up and forced myself to set it down. I don't want to rush through it as is my usual. I want to take it slow, follow it, and really apply it to myself.  I really want to make some serious changes in my life. I need all of me to be poured out and all of Him poured in. I hope this book is what has been missing in all my attempted failures.
If you are like me and just like to dig up more and more untill you can't get enough this is Jen Hatmaker's blog and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment