Wednesday, September 26, 2012

7-Foods Stepping in the right Direction

So last night I went grocery shopping. I am not going to lie. Easiest trip ever. I know exactly where my food are located. And I didn't even try to think about what I was going to eat after this week. I figured I might pick something things up for later, but when I was there it didn't cross my mind. I got my foods (easy, 7 foods doesn't take that long) and some things for the boys. I chose my foods based on the fact the mixed well and I love them. I didn't want to lose focus of why I am doing this.
Last night because I went to the store and knew cooking time would be limited, I picked up a bag pre-cooked Tyson's chicken for dinner. While it was cooking the microwave I cut tomatoes, onion, and jalapenos, when the chicken was done I shredded it, then mixed it all together for what I call chicken salsa salad. Its good eaten with corn tortilla chips or wrapped in a corn tortilla. I am so grateful for the creativity God bestowed on me.
I was still battling a caffeine headache, but it wasn't as bad as the morning time. I think the hardest part has been the drinking only water. No juice, no milk, no coffee, no tea, no Dr. Pepper. I drink water, but not as much as I should. I lean on coffee, tea, and Dr. Pepper to get me through the day. I should be leaning on my Heavenly Father. We (especially me) have so many different crutches to get us through our day. When I am lonely, I turn to Facebook to see what my friends and family are up to. When I am feeling blah, I turn to TV for entertainment. When I am dragging, I find some food or get a cup-o-joe. I'm not saying checking Facebook, watching TV, or grabbing that bit of caffeine is completely awful or should never be done. But when we forget to lean on God, or use these things as distraction or avoidance of our God it is bad. When these things take His place in our lives they become Idols. Right now I am focusing on the food portion. I have a feeling everything else will be addressed in due time. I keep talking about getting back to basics and focusing on what should be priorty in my life. All that talking just ends up being talk. This is a real excercise in re-prioritizing. The first of many. A step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections! I struggle with similar crutches, myself.

    ReplyDelete