As this is something I have been pondering and struggling to wrap my mind around, I too have decided to take on a 7 food fast. We eat so much crap all the time, stuff that isn't essential to our well being. We throw away ridiculous amount of uneaten food for many reasons: we don't like it, we are full, it has gone bad in the fridge before we get to it, we messed it up in the process of cooking, and the dreaded leftovers that got forgotten because we can't have the same thing twice. I struggled with picking simple enough food to prepare, foods that I really love and hopefully won't end up complaining about, and I think they mix and match well. When it is all said and done...It is not about the food I don't eat or the food I do eat. It is about being aware of my usual waste, my lack of gratitude, and a spiritual revitalization.
For accountability's sake, my food choices are: eggs, avocados, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, corn tortillas, and chicken. For 7 days I can eat these 7 foods with salt, pepper, and olive oil sparingly. And can only drink water.
I am excited for the potential clarity of body, mind, and most importantly spirit.
Another lady brought up the biblical concept of fasting....the purpose behind it, the process, situations....I am planing on doing some research because of her questioning. I don't think we need to just do things blindly, but here I am going in blindly. I hope to come out refreshed and informed. I want to focus on His love, mercy, grace, and His supreme authority. He gives and takes away, He sustains and snuffs out, He is my provider, my shelter, the wind beneath my wings. At the end of everyday I am blessed. Ridiculously blessed. I need to be more grateful. I need to be more humble.
I just listened to this song and thought to share it.
When in doubt, turn to worship.
I pray this week for God to meet me where I am and fill me up.
Fill me with Himself and what He wants me to get out of this.
That for me there is a change from the inside out.
There are so many cries from my heart at this point that there really are no words.
I just can't wait to see how God will work this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment